Friday, July 10, 2009

The 4th of July

Crazy story: I haven't been able to find my camera, searched high and low in all our beach bags, car, etc. - nothin'. I kept feeling like I may have left it at the barn the night of the the 4th - but Peter reassured me it was in Charley's hands as I brought her to the car. The car just turned up nothin. Not convinced I hadn't set it down before we left the pond we decided to search around down there today. It wasn't in the barn or anywhere on any of the camping chairs - nothin'. As we were backing out I had the thought, "What if I set it on top of the car as I was putting Charley in her car seat and it rolled off onto the grass." I stopped, got out and scoured the grassy area around where we had parked: low and behold, precious camera was still sitting there in the grass, a little dewy on the outside, but still working perfectly! You have to remember it's been sitting there for 6 days: MIRACLES DO HAPPEN! So I thought I would definitely have to pay it respects and download our pictures and update the blog!

We had a great 4th of July! I do have to give a shout out to Britt and Randy, Jaxyn and Hatcher - we so wish you could have spent it with us! They almost came for a visit, but decided it may not be the best idea with Hatcher havin' the runs. We missed having you here, but were still able to have a great weekend. We spent the day at 3 Creeks Lake with Krissy and Ray's fam - swimming, digging in sand, swatting bugs and skeeters, rowing in their cute inflatable raft, and soaking up some rays. I love days like that! Here's a few pics from the day:

Ray and Jack in their cute new raft - loved it, want one!




After a day of playing on the shore we headed to the pond for a BBQ with the whole fam. This is a dusky shot of a few paddle boaters - love the lighting this time of night!

Random shot of Charley in her favorite swimming suit - why do they always love the character clothing the best, she has so many suits that are cuter!

Kenna out in the middle of 3 Creeks Lake - snowy banks always make me think: "That water has to be freezing!" It wasn't too bad though, the hot sunny weather helped too!



Just before heading off to Bend to watch the fireworks and light a few sparklers!

1 comments:

Rockin' Rowes said...

Glad you found the camera. Thanks for sharing those fun memories & pictures.