Saturday, October 31, 2009

Parable of the dirty bathroom

As I was passing through my dirty bathroom today, I thought to myself, "This is disgusting, I really hate being in here." I can give you whatever excuse I can think of for why it is still not clean. Somehow, none of them seem to hold any merit. It pretty much comes down to this: it's dirty and I hate being in there. Why, you may ask, do I not just take 10 simple minutes out of my day and spruce it up? Because it's easier to walk on by and try to ignore it. This thought came to me tonight that this is similar to life. Sometimes the things in our life that need some cleaning just get ignored, pushed aside. Why? Because it's easier. However - if we will take a little time and clean it up . . . and continue to do this everyday, the job won't seem so hard, not so bad. And so it is with sin and simple repentance every day. So I'm making a new commitment - to my bathroom and my self, to keep on top of it. To make sure my spirit and my bathroom have gotten spruced up everyday. nice.

0 comments: