Sunday, September 21, 2008

School's in Session

It's the end of Sept. and I thought it might be time to post some first day of school pics! Makenna is now in the 2nd grade and loving it. Porter just barely missed the cutoff for kindergarten (it's OK, it's a good thing). We're doing a kind of mom co-op preschool with him, Brook and friend Ryun where us Moms take turns doing preschool at our house once a week. He's also doing a 2 hour creative play class at our local rec. center that includes 45 min. of gymnastics and a mini preschool following where they have snack, a theme, make a project, read stories, etc. It's great for him and fun that Brook is doing this class too!
You gotta love the puffy morning face! She is up pretty early though!

So the greatest thing about this school year so far: THE BUS! It comes right to the end of our driveway, can it get any better?! Plus, Makenna loves it and loves her bus driver. The other day she made a card for her bus driver that said, "To Brenda, I love you. You're more than a bus driver, you're my friend." And this was with no help from me, so cute. Here's to another great year!

6 comments:

kim said...

I love that she loves the bus driver. My kids adore theirs. Anna would come home and it was always Janice this and Janice that. Makes you feel a bit better about having them ride school transportation. Makenna's shirt is adorable. Love it!!!

Emily said...

So cute!!! I love all the changes to your blog...the bee's and the background. I love Makenna! Hope you had a good weekend. We missed your lesson on Sunday!

Emily said...

I forgot to ask you, where did you get your background? My mom loves it!!! She found you through a link on my blog.

Lonnie said...

Hey Emily - I got the template from www.onecuteblog.blogspot.com if your Mom wants to check it out! And we did have a good weekend, so great to see Hatcher and we got to go to their sacrament mtg.too, Britt and Randy spoke (emotional)and I got to hold Hatcher the whole time and all he wanted to do was stand on his little legs and jump! He's SO cute and getting so strong! It was torture not to get to stay longer, but I'm sooo glad I went.

Cally said...

What a sweetheart!

Robin said...

OSOM LOOKS KOOL