Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Port turns 5!

So Porter got to celebrate his birthday twice this year! I'll save all the yummy details for when it's not midnight, but just for quick I wanted to post SOMETHING! When we celebrated it with the family on Sunday there was a mighty surprise awaiting after a bit of a treasure hunt . . . a REAL LIVE GERBIL! I must say, I think it's the best present he's ever gotten - and the most attention he's ever given any present in his whole life. It's the gift that keeps on giving . . . every day Porter's excited to wake up to "his very own pet" and "to go check on his pet" and "Mom can I please hold Cutie again?" The name has changed several times from Vipe to Hamilton to Cutie to Oscar back to Cutie and so on. Who knows if one will stick, all we know is that he's in love. Thanks to all of you who went in on it and to Grandma for headin' up the effort! (Don't they kinda look alike?! ;)



2 comments:

kim said...

Fun for Porter! I personally hated our critters. But you are much nicer than I am. Love you guys! And happy belated Birthday to Porter!

Emily said...

So fun!!! I bet he is loving it. Tyler bought himself a fish and loves to just watch it and check on it and feed it. Pretty cute when they feel the responsibility of another life in their hands! Happy Birthday Porter!